Thursday, September 20, 2007

Quilts of the past





Have had a few requests for pictures for some other stuff I've done.

Here are the favourites.
First is "Breaking the Drought" by Lisa Walton from "Dyed and Gone to Heaven" fame. Here is her link for the pattern: www.dyedheaven.com/store/pattern_kits/breaking_the_drought.html" Mine however is just "Full on Drought". It's hanging in our dining room on the wall and I just love sitting and looking at it. I was lucky enough to meet Lisa at a Quilting conference and chatted about the colours I wanted so she helped me choose. They worked so well together. There is also beading, hand painting, embellishing with silk cocoons, ribbons and thread.





















The next favourite was one I made while pregnant with my second child. I needed to do heart as I love them so, but it needed to be boyish. So this is what happened. I really need a lesson in good quilt photographer though as you can't see the quilted hearts in the middle that well.




Last but not least is the gift I made my mum. She wanted something retro and I was in my traditional quilting phase. It is lovely and I am so glad she has it over her lounge, ready to be pulled over as a rug for a snooze at a moments notice.

No comments: