Sunday, May 31, 2009

2 quilts in 2 weeks

What a week!

New babies and new house, mean new quilts!

Flannel Quilt
First one is in all snuggly flannels for a little baby that is meant to still be cooking but instead is the SNU. She'll be out soon though as she is a little fighter.

















Spiderweb Quilt
Then, friends bought/built their first home and we had the fortune to visit it today. The house is just lovely! They have great style so I was a tad concerned this wouldn't match but it looked like it would fit in. I did think I had another week or 2 finish it so when I got the email inviting us over for lunch today......let's just say there was not a lot of sleep and the threads in the photo were trimmed off in the car. I just love the fabric and the design though.



5 comments:

Emma said...

They're both great quilts! I like how you kept the quilting simple on the spiderwebs. Good to see some finishes!

Lily Mulholland said...

Wow Cylie!! Well done. Hope you got your proposal done too. I just adore the flannel quilt. Hope its new owner is home in her own bed soon :)

Cyliebug said...

Thanks Lily - proposal done and emailed off to supervisor. Not a lot of sleep in the last 2 weeks.

However I also hope there is a snuggle under a pink quilt too. Soon though, out of HDU to SNU so not long now......

Helen said...

They are both lovely. Love the spiderweb one, great prints! Load ut into flickr so I can have a look at it bigger? Pleasssseee?

Cyliebug said...

Have done :). It will also go really big here if you click on it.